Monday, October 20, 2008

Villa Antinori - Toscana 2003

This past week, while Joy was visiting me in NYC, we went out to dinner with Zach (another Fordham collegue) and his wife, Katy. With so many options in Little Italy, we decided to try Trattoria Zero Otto Nove (which is the sister restaurant of the famous Roberto's). It is a fantastic restaurant that I highly recommend if you get a chance.

On to the wine. I am still finding my way with Italian wines, but this one was a hit. I wanted to try a 'super tuscan', so I picked out the 2003 Villa Antinori Toscana, a red blend with Sangiovese (60), Cabernet (20), Merlot (15) & Syrah (5). I found it to be complex but balanced, with bold red fruit and nice tannins. 13.0% Alcohol. Overall, it was very versatile and went well with all of our dishes.

UPDATE: Having been to Zero Otto Novo several more times, I would absolutely recommend them to anyone who is looking for a place to dine on Arthur Ave in Little Italy.

1 comment:

Jon said...

Recently, while having dinner with Zach Smith and Fr. Brian Daley, we enjoyed another bottle of the Villa Antinori and, once again, it was very nice.